Monday, April 5, 2010

Introduction

This all started after reading Make magazines issue on desktop manufacturing. In particular the article entitled "Your Own CNC For Under $800" by James Floyd Kelly. After reading the article I immediately ordered Jame's book from amazon, "Build Your Own CNC Machine", which would be the beginning of my interest in designing and building my own CNC machine. I have never been one to simply follow instruction, so while the book was a good introduction to home built CNC I never really considered simply following the detailed instructions in the book.
I don't want this blog to be an introductory course on CNC, there are lots of resources already out there. I would recommend that anyone interested in CNC simply spend some time browsing the web. This blog is intended, primarily, to be a diary of my CNC build. I will undoubted make mistakes, and I don't pretend that this will result in a perfect CNC machine, but I do hope that I will learn a lot along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment